-

    Château Duhart-Milon 750ml

    $59.99

    Moulin De Duhart Pauillac.This young wine has a fairly expressive nose with plenty of fruit aromas, accompanied by the typical aromas for the varietal. Direct, without being very full-bodied, the palate extends into a balanced, rounded finish, without any heaviness.

    Quantity

    Shipping Rates

     

    Exceptional Customer Service

      Complimentary Gift Messages

    Our products are packed with great care and can also include a personalized note on request.

      Join the loop

    Reusable,100% Recyclable & Biodegradable Packaging.

     Customer ratings and reviews
    Nobody has posted a review yet
    in this language

    The Rothschild family acquired Château Duhart-Milon, a “4er Cru” in the 1855 classification, from the Castejas of Pauillac, in 1962. The property was named after the Sieur of Duhart, gun-runner to Louis XIV, who originally owned the property, and from the name of the little hamlet of Milon which separates the Duhart-Milon vineyard from that of Château Lafite. The vineyard covers 188 acres and is planted with the classical cépages of Médoc: Cabernet Sauvignon (67%) and Merlot (33%). The property has been managed since 1962 by a single team that, due to the proximity of the two properties, oversees both Château Lafite Rothschild and Château Duhart-Milon. Both Châteaux use the same traditional techniques based on strict control of yields, harvesting by hand, and numerous manual tasks throughout the year.In the early 18th century, Pauillac began widespread grape cultivation at the urging of the Lafite lords. The Milon wines served as additional income for Lafite’s master, and became Château Lafite’s second wine. The 1855 classification recognized the quality of Duhart-Milon’s soil by ranking it as the only 4th growth wine in Pauillac. Between 1830 and 1840, the Castéja family was left an inheritance by both Mandavy and the Duhart widow (35 acres). The family thus possessed a 99 acre vineyard that was named Duhart- Milon. The property changed ownership many times over the years and suffered a decline in the quality of its’ wines. The property was named after the Sieur of Duhart, gun-runner to Louis XIV, who originally owned the property, and from the name of the little hamlet of Milon which separates the Duhart-Milon vineyard from Château Lafite.

    26410
     Reviews

    Be the first to write your review !

    • Register

    New Account Register

    Already have an account?
    Log in instead Or Reset password